Maybe Lord Downey of Venice can help with a pick me up this Monday morning.
I know I’ve been tagged…but I can’t remember? renholder? astronomydomino? kessho?
- First QOTSA song you ever heard? Probably MITP on MTV
- Favorite Album? Holy hell, LTP, SFTD, LC, EV?
- Least Favorite Album? uh they really get all equal spin time
- Favorite Song? MISFIT LOVE, Someone’s In The Wolf, In the Fade, Fun Machine, TeenageHandModel, Keep Your Eyes, If Only, Song for the Deaf, Hanging Tree, If I Had A Tail
- Least Favorite Song? Auto Pilot?
- Favorite Video? Go With The Flow, Burn the Witch (the acting is top notch in that lol), Sick Sick Sick all of Boneface’s stuff for LC
- Least Favorite Video? In My Head (“a fucking GAP ad” thanks Troy)
- Favorite Piece of QOTSA merch? Probably the show posters I’ve picked up over the years
- Most Expensive QOTSA merch/collectable/album you own is? my OP of Lullabies to Paralyze vinyl. Josh and Troy’s picks, Joey’s drumstick. The show poster from the Natasha benefit signed by damn near everyone who performed.
- How many multiple copies of QOTSA albums do you own? LC 3xvinyl 1 cd, 1xusb, EV 2xcd 1xvinly LTP 3xcds 1xvinyl, S/T 1vinyl (2011 reissue) 1cd RatedR 1xvinyl 2xcd SOTD 2xcd
- How many QOTSA albums do you own on vinyl? 7 and a single?
- When was your first QOTSA gig? 09.20.05 the wonderful NIN/QOTSA fall arena tour
- How many times have you seen QOTSA live? Shit I had this all figured out…13?
- Have you ever snagged a setlist from the live show? yes
- Favorite Live Song? MISFIT LOVE for the love of fuck please bring it back into rotation. Mexicola, Fun Machine, SFTD, Hanging Tree (with Lanegan), Feel Good…
- Least Favorite Live Song? Make It Wit Chu? I could do without it.
- Have you met any members of QOTSA, past or present? Troy, Josh, Joey, Mikey, Deano, Jon, Alain, Mark, Nick (totally bumped into him at the Gutter Twins show, we both weren’t paying attention oops), Gene T (met him at DC’s incredible Birthday Bash), DC and last, but not least, Hutch.
- Favorite QOTSA lyrics? ‘Ain’t born to lose, baby I’m born to win.’ - Misfit Love ’Tears of pleasure, tears of pain, they trickle down your face the same’ - If I Had A Tail ’They don’t know, I’d never do you any good. Stoppin’ and stayin’…I would, if I could.’ - In The Fade
- Who do you wish would do a QOTSA cover/parody? I think each of the guys should cover a song in their own style. Troy via Enemy or Sweethead, Mikey via Mini Mansions, Deano with Hello = Fire. Josh could do something with James Lavelle and Brody. Or PRINCE. That would be amazing.
- What song do you wish QOTSA would cover? I love Never Say Never and You’re So Vague, I’d kill for those live. As for something else…Scary Monsters and Super Creeps by David Bowie, Sledgehammer by Peter Gabriel or When Dove’s Cry by Prince
I hope you guys enjoyed this? Maybe? I dunno. If ya wanna have a go, have a go!
I love how that Alex dude was the drummer for 30 seconds, then years later I see him dating fucking KE$HA.